- The professional development of staff is addressed via a number of routes, one of which is In Service Training Days. These allow for the implementation of a rolling programme of training that reflects core initiatives, procedures and developments central to the work of all colleagues. These are:
- Induction for new staff, including Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Code of Conduct and an understanding of the general ethos of the school.
- Paediatric Manual Handling, developing training in the safe movement of pupils who require it, including; floor manoeuvres, transfers, toilet transfers, hoisting, wheelchair moves, posture and back care and rules of lifting.
- Strategies for managing challenging behaviour using Team Teach principles
- Better Reading Partnerships
- Preparation of resources and classrooms for the return of pupils at the beginning of the year and the tidying and packing up of learning environments at the end of the year.